Count on Doctors Who Care About Your Health
Naturopathic Medicine focuses on the whole person, not just obvious symptoms. Our goal is to identify the root cause of any imbalance in health and restore your body to natural health. It’s reasonable for you to expect to feel better, with more energy and vitality for daily life. Our patients say that sounder sleep, better moods, less pain and illness are a life-transforming experience.
When you arrive for your first appointment, you’re greeted by our friendly, welcoming staff. Your initial Naturopathic appointment takes about 60 minutes and includes:
- An initial review of intake forms and relevant associated past records
- A thorough medical and lifestyle history as relevant to beginning your healing journey
- A review of any current medications or supplements you are taking
- Physical exams, as appropriate
- A detailed explanation of our approach as it relates to your case
- A comprehensive, individualized treatment plan including discussion of lab studies we suggest, lifestyle therapies and natural medicines
During this time your naturopathic doctor will learn about your health goals, how your health fits into the rest of your daily responsibilities and begin to get to know you as a person. We will take into consideration the things that may be interfering with your optimal health, develop a sense of how your symptoms relate to one another and what is the underlying cause, and begin a partnership with you in achieving the health you deserve.
Watch Dr. Derek Lawrence talk about what to expect at your naturopathic visit.
Return visits are 30 minutes, and may be in person or via telephone or video call. During this time we:
- Check in about symptoms and general health, getting a sense of how your situation has changed in the previous month
- Complete relevant physical exams
- Discuss what did and did not work for you about the previous treatment plan
- Modify the comprehensive, individualized plan as needed to keep you moving toward your health goals.
Generally speaking, patients follow up about once a month. This continues until you achieve the level of health you desire. Depending on the patient, the situation, and the desired level of health this can take from months to years.
Your health care should be an ongoing conversation. Between your visits, we welcome your questions and concerns related to your current treatment plan. We’re happy to converse with other members of your health care team and will make referrals to specialists and other practitioners as necessary.
We don’t file insurance for patients, but we can create a receipt for you with the coding that meets insurance company requirements. You’re required to pay for services at each appointment. You may also use funds in Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts for services and products.